Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Missin' Jersey

I wanted to make a list of some of the things that I miss most from back home. I think it's obvious that friends, family, and my dog are at the top of this list and I'll try to keep it to a minimum of 20 because otherwise I'll go one typing forever and drive myself into an awful case of homesickness.




 So here goes... I miss:

1. Going to church every Sunday
2. Feeling the church vibrate during worship
3. Getting canoli from the bakery with Leah Jayne
4. Tad waiting at my locker after class
5. Long chats about life with Señorita
6. School sports & clubs
7. cheese steaks
8. Mac N' Cheese!!!
9. Polish Water Ice
10. YoungLife & Campaigners
11. Heart-to-Heart-Coffee-Dates with Robin Shelburne
12. Leaves that change beautiful colors in the fall.
13. My Uggs!
14. Holding a normal conversation with someone & being understood
15. Actually learning something in school
16. Having toilet paper in the school bathrooms
17. Being able to drive
18. youtube videos that don't take hours to load
19. Shaytards
20. Pandora!!!! (it doesn't work in Europe)

I wish I could go on.. I am seriously learning to appreciate all that I have in the United States. However, I know that one day I will be making a list of all the things that I miss from my year in Spain. So it's time to appreciate what I have here and now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment