Saturday, December 15, 2012

Quick Update

The "totally cool blog" that I promised was coming... isn't coming. I'm sorry guys. For some reason the video wouldn't upload onto my page. Anyway, here's a quick update.

Exchange is infamous for being a time of some serious weight gain, and I've been no exception. The good news is though I'm drinking a lot of green tea with honey and cinnamon now and trying to avoid the endless snacking on chocolate in the afternoons. Instead of taking a siesta for hours on end, I go for a walk or run. I'm feeling stronger and healthier, so we'll see what the scale has to say in a few weeks.

The temperature has suddenly climbed back into the high 60's and low 70's, also. My allergies were quick to react and I've been sniffling all day and night.

As you know (if you've read previous blogs) I had some camera trouble back in October. While my Canon is being repaired, my Aunt Charlotte sent me an awesome little digital camera in the mean time. This this new one is shock proof, water proof, dust proof, and freeze proof. What other "proof" is there? This thing is awesome!!! I was so excited to try it out. The camera also has a Panoramic feature that I used to take the following pictures..
The front yard/driveway.

180 degree shot of the Sea.


120 degree Panoramic view of the coast.
Today we're setting up the Christmas tree and Nativity to decorate for Navidad y los Tres Reyes Magos. Should I listen to Christmas music to get in the mood or will it just make me incredibly homesick? Maybe I should just avoid "Home for the Holidays", "White Christmas", and of course "Cristmas Shoes"- cause that one just makes everybody depressed!




No comments:

Post a Comment