Monday, November 5, 2012

"Evolution," they lied.


After school today I sat in bed, ate chocolate covered peanuts, and watched Pride and Prejudice, again. You can imagine what the scale is reading theses days as a result of many lazy afternoons and delicious Spanish meals. “Time for a run!” I said, pulling myself away from the computer screen.

I made it about a mile before I decided to sit down on a large rock that extends out into the sea. Only a slight glow of the setting sun was left on the horizon. Lamps lining the path along the sea reflected off the water- their light danced over each wave that came crashing against my rock sending a salty spray into the air.
6:30 my iPod read, but no one could be seen out walking.

There was no reason to rush home so I sat where I was until my sweat dried, a chill came over me, and I realized that I needed to be home before it was completely dark and no streetlights would light my way home.

For over half an hour, it was just God and me. I took in the sight of the beautiful coast, the warm November breeze, and drank in His peace. “Never forget this.” I promised myself…

At 7:30 it was time for a Skype date with Robin.

For those of you who don't know who Robin Shelburne is, she is my amazing YoungLife leader. Her place in my life can't be defined by a single title... or even few. She means a great deal to me though, and I rely on her guidance and wisdom on a daily basis for things that I can't yet comprehend- most of them relating to my walk with Christ.

Tonight we cried together during another heart to heart, but I was left feeling loved and encouraged.

Here I am, so far away from my life in Pitman. It’s just God and me. Eight months still await me here.  This is about opening my heart and relying on Him 100% in all that I do and becoming the young woman that God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment